I said on Friday that I hoped to get a lot done this week-end and I’m a little surprised by how much I actually did manage. Let’s take a look:
1) Throw away all the junk lying around my apartment and thoroughly clean
Got a little bit done, but really, barely made a dent. Bummer. Definitely have to put more energy into this.
2) Sleep at least 8 hours but not more than 10 hours each night (I’m running on a major deficit this week)
Partial success. I went to bed about 1:00 Saturday morning. The cat woke me up at 3:30 in the morning when he was sitting on my pillow and rearranging the items on my night stand. I went back to sleep and slept until about 9:30. Saturday night I was up until around 12:30 and I woke up about 10:00. No interruptions from the cat that night.
3) Solve world hunger
Success!! Oh, no wait. Solved my hunger. I guess that’s not quite the same thing.
4) Catch up with all the regular TV shows and clear them from my DVR (maybe one or two of the movies that are in there, too)
I watched all of the regular, weekly shows that are in High Definition which takes up more space. Fortunately, that was most of my weekly TV shows. I still have a few of the Standard Definition and syndicated shows to catch up on, but since the season is over for much of what I watch, I should be able to start making a dent in some of the other stuff. Also, got some potential ideas for a future blog post or posts.
5) At least 30 minutes on the Wii Fit everyday (preferably more)
I think I’ll call myself successful on this one. Friday after work, I was shooting for 30 minutes and I did 47. Saturday, I was shooting for 30 minutes and I did 46. Cumulatively that’s 93 minutes and those 93 minutes averaged over the course of the weekend and… Oh no, I’ve gone cross-eyed.
I did not actually touch the Wii on Sunday. I contemplated turning it on just long enough to do the Body test, but after the trickery on Friday night, I figured I’d better keep my distance. I really didn’t have time to do the exercises on Sunday, and since I’d done five days straight, I figured I was entitled to, and should take a rest day.
6) Plan meals for the week, grocery shop and pre-prepare as many as I can before Sunday night
Done! It was a bit harder than I anticipated. I don’t know why but I had a really difficult time planning lunches for the week. Breakfast, snacks and dinner? No problem! Lunch? Problem! Don’t know why. But I got it done and I made my list and headed out to do my shopping. I didn’t get much pre-preparing done, but I realized there wasn’t much I could do. When you start chopping into fresh foods they immediately start turning so I realized I was better off leaving them intact until I was ready for them. The only exception to this was that I did wash and decapitate the two pounds of Strawberries I bought.
7) Cure Cancer
Check! But it’ll be our little secret. K? K!
8) Go for at least one short run (probably won’t happen, don’t have needed equipment yet) (And yes there is equipment need for running besides your feet)
Didn’t happen. Didn’t really think it would. Nothing really to say about that. Moving right along.
9) Fix the economy and end our budget deficit
I did my part! Where were the rest of you?
10) Read a lot (I have tons of stuff I need to read and haven’t)
11) Research education funding options
Started working on this. With the help of really fantastic Virtual Friend I was able to get a better understanding of what I need to do. Now I’m just researching schools and considering my options. There’ll be more on that when I have a better handle on it myself. There may be some big changes in the works so stay tuned!
Seems I actually accomplished quite a lot. No wonder I’m so tired! But it feels good to have accomplished so much!